Tuesday, February 28, 2012

02/27/12

1.  Finally!  A Monday that I didn't totally hate.  Brigham and Mosey both got one of their practicing sessions done before breakfast.  This makes a huge difference in my day.  I feel way less rushed.  I get really grumpy when I feel rushed.

2.  Mosey had a good day today.  He was reluctant to go to TKD, but he did go, and once there he had a great time because his friend Natasha came.  She used to be in his class, but has recently been going to the evening classes, so it was fun for Mosey to be in class with her again.  Mosey was also excited about going to speech!  I bought "Fox In Sox" at Walmart the other day, since it is my favorite Dr. Seuss book, and we didn't have it!  The boys have had lots of fun reading it to each other, and Mosey thought it would be fun to take to speech, and make his therapists read it!  And it was fun.  He ran in happily, and his therapist told me afterwards that he was excited and engaged the entire session.  Yay Mosey!

3.  Of course, Mosey's day was not without a glitch or two.  We planned on going down to UT for the Symphony Band concert (last week was the Wind Symphony-- I'm not sure what the difference is) for FHE.  So after we came home from speech and flute, we had to quickly eat dinner (I made crock-pot chicken soup and amazed myself at my thinking-ahead-ed-ness), dejunk the car (it was really, really awful), and get going.  Mosey was not happy about having to go somewhere again so soon after coming home.  He just wanted to stay home and play.  But I insisted on his coming and there was much whining and crying and protestations.  At one point he said, "I hate doing fun things because then the time goes by too fast.  Two hours feels like two minutes, and then it's like you didn't do anything fun at all!"  Sigh...
Anyway, he told me quite vehemently that he was NOT going to like it, that he hated all new things, and it was going to be dumb and boring.  I made him go anyway.  But first, we went and picked up Natasha (same friend from TKD and our art class).  Wow, Mosey's demeanor and attitude turned 180 degrees!  Suddenly he was happy and excited and when we got down to campus, he and Natasha were running around like crazy.  The kids all sat down closer to the stage, so I didn't see them until intermission.  Then Mosey came bounding up the stairs and said, "This is AWESOME!"  I just smiled and said how glad I was that he was having a good time.  And it was a great concert and I'm very glad we all went!
And I've figured out the magic bullet to turning Mosey's frown upside-down-- invite Natasha over!

No comments: