Sunday, February 26, 2012

02/26/12

1.  Being called to say the opening prayer at church is a great way to be on time to church.  Of course, non of the rest of my family made it on time (thanks to a particularly grumpy little boy), and they missed what was surely one of the most well-spoken, insightful, spirit-inducing opening prayers that ever there has been.  Or maybe it wasn't.  They'll never know.  :-) 

2.  I boycotted making meals today.  The boys were completely on their own.  I did make a pan of roasted vegetables for dinner tonight, but I think I was the only person who ate them.  I wish I had a cook.

3.  Brigham was jumping down off the deck, and landed on a small piece of wood with a rusty staple sticking up out of it!  I cringe even thinking about it.  Thank goodness Ben was here to go out and inspect the damage when Mosey came running in yelling, "Brigham has a nail stuck in his foot!!"  I'm pretty cool under pressure, but those kinds of wounds really disturb me.  It ended up being not as bad as it sounded, and we stuck some antibiotic ointment on it and covered it with a band-aid.  I guess we'll see in a day or so if he ends up with tetanus.  :-)

4.  For the Blue and Gold Banquet on Tuesday night, the boys are all supposed to make a cake with their dad for dessert.  Tomorrow night we are going to a concert at UT, so tonight Ben helped the boys with their fabulous creations.  Mosey is going to make a fish cake.  He mixed up the cake mix all by himself, poured it into the pan all by himself, and only got help in carrying it to and from the oven.  He'll cut it out and decorate it sometime between now and Tuesday night.  Brigham and Joseph are making a castle cake.  They're making it out of rice-crispy treats-- yay, I'll be able to have some of it!  We only had enough marshmallows for one batch, though, and we needed more to cut "bricks" to build the castle, so they made a couple more batches with a peanut butter/corn syrup/brown sugar/white sugar mix in place of the melted marshmallows.  They made a huge mess, but it will be a cool cake!

5.  I folded 5 loads of laundry tonight.  That's the good news.  The bad news (besides the fact that I was once more breaking the 4th commandment) is that I have 4 more loads to fold.  That's what happens when I try to pretend that laundry doesn't exist for a week.  :-)

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Yes, I also want a cook and a healthy meal planner and grocery shopper too. I would take that over a maid every time! Do you really have 9 loads of laundry each week? Wow! Are you telling me that someday my children's small clothes won't all fit into 4 loads?

Naomi said...

Hey, as long as you're listening to a CD of conference, it's not breaking the Sabbath :).