Sunday, February 05, 2012

02/04/12

1.  Joseph and Mosey went to archery in the morning (Mosey wanted to try it out).  We missed the beginning session even though we were there by 7:45 and the class didn't start until 8:00!  Apparently it filled up by 7:30.  But the instructor told use we could come back for the intermediate class at 9:00.  Mosey had fun, and Joseph did amazingly great!  In his teacher's words, "He kicked butt."  He easily held his own with the other intermediate students.  He hit two balloons (small water-balloon sized) with his 1st and 2nd arrows.  I don't think any of the other kids were able to do that. 

2.  I didn't do too much else during the day.  Took a nap, did some laundry (not enough). 

3.  In the evening Ben and I went to a housewarming party for a coworker of Ben's.  We only stayed a few minutes.  It was a bit awkward for me-- no place to sit (new house, not enough furniture, lots of people), I didn't know anyone, and Ben went immediately on the house tour, which I couldn't do because most of it was upstairs!  Oh well, at least they had a cute dog which spurred a conversation on dogs in general.  We ended with a trip to the grocery store for our very exciting date night which had been interrupted about 3 times with phone calls from the boys about arguments over who has the right to "reserve" a book the other wants to read and other fun parenting stuff that I love so much.  :-)  When we got home, Mosey was still up, feeling sad.  He said, "I feel like I didn't get to do anything today."  Well, he did go to archery in the morning, and declined to go to horseback riding with Brigham, but I felt guilty because I hadn't really engaged with him much all day.  So I let him stay up for a rousing game of Qwirkle until 11:00 PM.  TOO LATE for my boy!

No comments: