Tuesday, February 07, 2012

02/07/12

1.  Today was a better day.  Practicing done by 11:05 (close enough), and no arguing over lessons until the very end when Mosey revolted against math.  Actually, he couldn't stop making annoying noises, and ended up in the hall closet (our time out place) where he STILL couldn't stop making annoying noises and earned a 45 minute earlier bedtime.  :-/  Still, a better day than yesterday!

2.  We had scouts at our house this afternoon.  Public schools were out yesterday and today, so no one else came except my co-leader's son (they also homeschool), and one other lone boy.  Still, we managed to complete one entire requirement, which was great.  Too bad for the other boys who didn't make it!  :-)  I made brownies for snack, and I must admit I wasn't strong enough to entirely resist the broken off crumbly bits left in the pan.  Baby steps, though. 

3.  A friend sent me this article about French parenting.  So interesting, and yet a little disheartening as I wonder if I've ruined my kids for life.  I feel like a lot of my boys' early childhood I was simply trying to survive.  I know twin toddlers and a baby is not a cakewalk.  Still, I know I could have done many things much better.  Ah!  There's so much to feel guilty about in parenting.  What am I going to feel guilty about in another 8 or 10 years that I could possibly prevent now? 

4.  Good news from my little sister-- her 2nd baby-on-the-way is a boy!  Rosalia will have a little brother.  I do so love baby boys.  :-) 

No comments: