Monday, February 06, 2012

02/06/12

 Here are some pictures:

I only had my cell phone at archery on Saturday, so these are the only (really crummy) pictures I got of the boys shooting.

From a couple of weeks ago:
 Brigham and Sandy taking a break after doing some yardwork.

The boys were working on digging a big hole for a tree Ben bought.  Well, Sandy LOVES to dig, and as soon as she caught sight of what the boys were doing, she was over there inspecting and making sure it was done right.  She even got in there and dug herself for a while!

Another bad cell phone picture, but funny.  Brigham was getting a piece of sausage out of the package a few days ago.  Boy, Sandy wanted that sausage.  She knew she couldn't have it, but she got her nose about as close as it could get.


 "Squirrel!  Squirrel!"

1.  I hate Mondays.  It seems like Mondays ought to be good days-- with everyone all refreshed and rejuvenated from the weekend.  But it's not true.  Everyone is grumpy and tired.  Today was not a great day.  No one wanted to cooperate or take the initiative with their schoolwork.  I finally ended up in tears around 2:45 when we only had 45 minutes left to finish schoolwork, and at least an hour and a half, probably more, left to do.  Well, the tears got all three boys immediately and very cooperatively doing their math.  Maybe I should cry more.

2.  Mosey had a better day at speech today.  He wasn't excited about going and I told him that he could quit, but he needed to go today.  When I picked him up, he was very excited and had a big smile on his face.  He told me he didn't want to quit (yet).  Although the thought of taking him out of speech was somewhat appealing, as it would make my Monday afternoons a lot less complicated.

3.  I made roasted brussels sprouts for dinner tonight.  All the boys liked them!  Brigham asked if he could finish the rest of them and I said I didn't think Dad had eaten any.  Ben said, I don't like those, he can have them.  So I asked him if he had tried them, which of course he had not.  The boys pressured him into trying them, and lo and behold, he liked them!  Still at age 37, he thinks he can tell if something is going to be good or not just by looking.  :-)

4.  Here's a recipe for a very good smoothie:
1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves (squished down, so it's really 1 1/2 cups).
1 1/2 cups almond milk (I used the new coconut/almond milk blend)
1 banana
12 frozen strawberries
1/3 cup crushed pineapple
Make sure to blend up the milk and spinach leaves really well before adding in the fruit.
Now, talk about something that looks absolutely horrid, but tastes really good!  Brigham made some choice comments about what he thought it looked like.  :-)

No comments: