Sunday, February 12, 2012

02/12/12

1. So as you know I finally bit the bullet and bought a smart phone, the Droid Razr.  I have no idea how to use it.  I can make calls, answer calls, check email, and get online, but that's pretty much it.  I have no idea how to turn on the speakerphone, how to open up more than one web page, how to add or edit contacts, how to set an alarm, or how to create a calendar.  I know how to take pictures and video, but I don't know how to view them on the phone.  The phone makes little chiming sounds when it is notifying me of something, but I can't figure out what it's notifying me of.  It doesn't tell me when I've missed a call or when I have voice mail.  All in all, I'm kind of missing my old little phone.  I've looked up Razr tutorials online, but haven't found anything useful.  The local Verizon store actually offers a Droid class, but it's at exactly the same time as a ward activity Ben is in charge of.  Basically, I don't think I'm smart enough for a smart phone.  :-)

2.  Today was church.  The boys were not getting along in Sacrament meeting.  They occasionally have a clash of wills over who will sit where.  Then there is a lot of passive aggressive "squishing" as one boy or another decides they will have that spot they wanted, if they have to crowd everyone else off the bench in the process.  At least it was between only two of my boys this time.  I'm not sure how it started, since they had already sat down when I came in.  One boy wanted the other's spot, but that child wouldn't give it up, so he was crowding everyone else as he tried to get himself into that coveted (why??) spot.   I ended up whisper-yelling at all of the boys, and at that child in particular to scoot over, stay in your place, and DON'T crowd your brothers!  Oh what a great way to start the church meeting.  There's nothing like taking the Sacrament immediately after yelling at your children.  (Does whisper-yelling count as yelling?)  But, the rest of the day was pretty good.  We had a woman from our ward, and her brother over for dinner.  I made meat loaf and potatoes and green salad and banana cake for dessert.

3.  I am hoping for a better Monday tomorrow than we've had the past few weeks.  Is there any trick for having a good Monday?  Maybe I'll wake up the boys tomorrow morning and tell them it's Tuesday.  :-)

No comments: