Friday, February 10, 2012

02/09/12

1.  I think I managed the no yelling rule today.  Everyone seemed to be in pretty good spirits.  Practicing didn't get finished until 11:20, but I was on the phone for some of that time, so I'm counting it as a point.

2.  The boys think it's really funny to try and scare Sandy.  I haven't seen her do this recently, but a few times she's caught sight of one of the boys wearing a hat, or a jacket with a hood, or something different, and she apparently doesn't recognize them and starts barking her head off.  So Brigham tried doing that this afternoon.  He put on a jacket, a ski cap, 3D glasses, and a scarf.  He sneaked around to the back of the house and then burst into the kitchen from the back porch, yelling and carrying a great big rake.  He even scared me!  Poor Sandy scrambled so fast under the kitchen table I thought she'd hurt herself!  It was very funny.  I don't think she was fooled for long, though.  The boys sure do love her.  This morning Mosey came crying to me while I was practicing with Brigham, saying, "Joseph thinks that Sandy likes him the best, and so only he is allowed to pet her!"  Oh, not so!  She loves them all.  But, secretly, I think she loves me best.  Another fun trick the boys like to do is come and kneel in front of me like a dog and I pet their heads and scratch behind their ears and say, "Oh, Mosey's such a good little Mosey!  Oh, what a good Mosey he is!!" (or whichever boy it is). This drives Sandy crazy.  She'll rush over and shove her nose under my arm, pushing Mosey (or whoever it is) over until she's the center of the show.  She'll jump up and put her front paws on my lap, often in the process pushing me in my wheelchair backwards until I either manage to get the brakes on, or I bump into something behind me.  She is jealous!  I'm not to scratch behind anyone else's ears but hers!  :-)

3.  I can't think of anything for #3 tonight.  The boys had art in the afternoon, then I took Mosey to cello, then we came home and I made dinner, then I cleaned up dinner, did the dishes, checked my email, folded a bunch of laundry, here I am writing my blog post and now I have to go to bed.  Tomorrow's Friday!

No comments: