Monday, May 31, 2010

Post Script: Millipedes

We figured out where the millipedes are coming from. They sneak through a tiny little gap at the bottom of our two back french doors. At least they're not breeding somewhere in the house. I think at night they must be attracted to the light inside, or maybe they're more active at night. Something like that, because at night is when they just pour in. We looked out at the back porch last night and there must have been easily 50 that we saw crawling towards the door. So disgusting. And last night as I was cleaning up before I went to bed, I must have swept up at *least* 20 from the floor in the kitchen and living room. Gross, gross, gross.
This morning Ben drenched the mat out on the patio, and the threshold of the french doors with roach and ant killer, hoping to deter them from coming in. I think it's working because it is 12:30 AM and I haven't seen even one yet.
I've been paying the boys a dime per millipede that they pick up and throw out of the house, and they've been earning a lot of money! They'll be sad to see that easy source of income dry up, but I won't be sorry to keep those pests out of my house.

No comments: