Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Rewind: March showers bring April flowers

I haven't posted many pictures from April. Too many things happened!
So here are the last of the wildflower pictures.
We went and picked gorgeous wildflowers out in Round Rock. We put them in water when we got home, and they lasted a good five days. So pretty!



Texas bluebonnets:


Indian Paintbrushes:


Umm, that's pretty much the extent of my flower-identification skills. I have no idea what this is, but it's pretty!


No idea, but these are so pretty and delicate.


No clue. They remind me of Cosmos, but they're not.


Again, no idea. Just pretty!



The boys helped me pick them. Actually, they picked them, I just sat against a tree and watched. :-) The clouds kept moving across the sun, wreaking havoc on my ability to take a properly-exposed picture. Plus the wind was blowing, making my macro flower shots nearly impossible. Ah, well.

Sun behind a cloud in these two shots.


Hello, the sun came out!


...And, back behind a cloud.




And out again!!



After flower-picking, the big boys climbed trees. Climbing trees is one of Brigham's favorite past-times. He's quite passionate about it, actually.



He takes off his shoes to get a better grip on the tree. The angle of these shots doesn't really show it, but he's dangling straight over the ground!

Joseph's getting pretty good, too. Look mom, one hand!


No pictures of Mosey climbing the tree; he didn't attempt it this time. He told me in the car yesterday that one of his "particular talents" was actually tree-climbing, but he is waiting for his legs to grow a little longer. :-)

2 comments:

Mama said...

Beautiful pictures!! And you gave me a great idea for my next gift to the boys :)

Jill T said...

Wow, those flowers are all so pretty!