Friday, May 14, 2010

Rain, rain go away

The fathers and sons camping trip was supposed to be tonight. The boys were so excited. We had big plans to go to the grocery store and get ingredients for tin-foil dinners and s'mores. They had their tent all ready (they even set it up last night to make sure we had all the parts), and were super-duper good in lessons today so they could get done in plenty of time.
And then it rained.
It rained for several hours this morning and early afternoon, and it got canceled!
Bummer for the boys, and bummer for me! I was going to have a girls' night out (well, a Relief Society presidency meeting doubling as girls' night out anyway).
Instead the Presidency meeting got canceled so we could all arrange some kind of consolation prizes for our sons. Ben met the boys and me at the movies, we ate too much popcorn, and drowned our sorrows in an extra-large Sprite that we all shared.
I hate to complain about rain (I'm scared of drought after the last couple of years, even though Lake Travis is filled all the way up now), but gosh, after a whole week of sunshine, did it have to rain today?
Opposition in all things, I guess.

1 comment:

Mama said...

I am so sorry!! I hope it's just rescheduled and not canceled -- for your boys' and Ben's sake as well as for yours... We need to create all the happy memories we can -- and Father-Son outings are as good as it gets :)