Monday, May 17, 2010

Ewww


I've been finding these teeny, tiny millipedes around the house. They're only about 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch long. But I'm finding like 5-10 every day, crawling slowly across the tile floor in the kitchen, living room, and sometimes my bathroom.
Everything I've read assures me they are not dangerous and cause no harm, so they're nothing to be worried about. But still. Bugs = gross.
Apparently they need high humidity to live, and so if there are moist areas in the house, this might be where they are living. It's kind of humid here, but not very. I'm mystified at where they are coming from in my house.
Don't get me wrong, I'll take a millipede over a spider or a cockroach, and especially over a centipede or a scorpion, any day of the week. I'd just rather, all things being equal, not have any bugs in the house at all.
I've tried to get Spots to eat them, but he's not interested. He's snobby with his food, I guess. Crickets, yes. Meal worms, yes. Millipedes, uh, no. Not that I blame him.

1 comment:

Mama said...

I am all-too-familiar with "pet bugs" that suddenly appear out of nowhere -- remember our pet slug that came out every night and slithered its way across our kitchen floor and into our sink?? Now THAT is gross!!!! I have nightmares about that still....