Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Yesterday was Thanksgiving. It was delicious and fun. I made lots of food and now we have lots of leftovers.



Here's Joseph sitting down to his feast.




Here's Brigham digging in to his. He was the most excited for Thanksgiving of all the boys.




And Mosey getting ready for some turkey.




Mosey was the last one at his table (little kids' table). I asked him if he wanted to come sit with me (with the adults) but he was perfectly happy sitting over there eating in peace and quiet.



Here I am. In a mirror.




After eating, all the kids went out and rode bikes in the cul-de-sac. That's the right idea! Burn off some of those calories to get ready for more! Are you jealous of our beautiful Austin autumn? It was perfect weather, probably 70 degrees, slightly overcast. The leaves are starting to turn here and it is just beautiful.




One of my pies. An extra from all the pies I made last week for the ward missionary lunch.



And another. I think this was my favorite.

Banana cream pie for Ben.

Blueberry cheesecake for Brigham.

Plain ol' pumpkin (another extra from last week).

The lineup. We had 8 different deserts for 16 people. Yeah, we had enough!
I also made sweet potato casserole (with a pecan-brown sugar crust), stuffing (with sage sausage and apples and dried cranberries), corn (with butter and salt and pepper), and green beans (sauteed with carrots, mushrooms, and onions).
I really love baking but I don't do much of it anymore. So it was great fun to really get into it for Thanksgiving. Now my kitchen is a disaster. Maybe it will clean itself if I ignore it for long enough?
And we discussed sports, religion, and politics around the table, so a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Karly said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! I have to admit i really wish i could try some of those deserts right now! yummmm yummmm!