Monday, November 17, 2008

Rubiks genius


Guess what? Ben solved the Rubiks Cube. My sister gave it to one of the boys for their birthday and it's been driving all of us crazy ever since. But three days ago, Ben actually solved it! I had to grab a picture before the boys promptly messed it all up again.


On a completely unrelated and probably very boring note, my dad sent me this article. I'm an admitted man-made global warming skeptic. Maybe even a denier. Anyway, I thought the article was amusing. In a very cynical sort of way.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ben really is brilliant. Nicely chosen, Gabrielle.

Caroline said...

What is there really to deny? Sure, there are natural cycles. We're leaving an ice age right now and heating up. Man is accelerating this by burning fossil fuels (this is my summarized understanding of this process)

Gabrielle said...

I deny the man-made part. I personally do not believe that humans are making any meaningful impact on the earth's climate. It is incredibly hubris (I think) to claim otherwise. I *particularly* deny the catastrophic scenarios that the likes of Al Gore like to bandy about.

Gabrielle said...

duh... *incredible* hubris.

Christine said...

I remember reading a study in college where- -what's the guy's name who is the leading weather and hurricane scientist and says global warming is bunk? Anyway, he said that in most places the measurements taken are as sophisticated as a bucket and stick for rainfall, and that an audit showed that some thermometers are placed in crazy places that invalidate their readings.

Lonna said...

My husbands dad teaches fourth grade and he has a fun little thing that he does in his class to teach all of the students how to solve the Rubiks cube.

All my kids do with them are rip off the little squares and stickers so they are totally useless.

Congrats to your husband.

Rosalynde said...

Hey, good for Ben!