Thursday, January 26, 2012

three things

1.  My new phone came today.  Mosey was so excited, he opened it right off.  The boys have been begging me all day to get it set up, but I haven't had a moment.  Their excitement is one reason I'm still really dubious about having a phone like this.  They're obviously expecting to use it a lot and I'm afraid they will be sorely disappointed.  Or that it's going to become just one more thing I have to police the kids about.

2.  My van's battery died yesterday.  Ben jumped it this morning, but I didn't let it run long enough and when we all piled in the car to go to piano lesson this afternoon, it wouldn't start again.  So, no piano lessons for the boys today.  They were sooooo disappointed.  :-)

3.  This has been a pathetic week for cooking.  I've just had no time, and didn't plan a menu for this week, and have about run dry of grocery staples.  Monday night was refried beans and cheese on mostly-stale tortillas.  Last night was mac and cheese from a package.  Tonight was fish sticks.  And I have no idea what we'll eat tomorrow because I'm not going to have a single second to spare the entire day, until after the pinewood derby tomorrow night.  I think it might be a taco bell night. 

No comments: