Saturday, October 11, 2008

My family


Photo courtesy of Tyrasha Peterson's mom (sorry, Tyrasha's mom, if you're seeing this, I can't remember your first name!! I'm horrible)

At my sister's wedding last June, my family (meaning my mom and dad and siblings) got a family photo made, the first we've taken in 13 years. This was one of only a handful of occasions we've all been together in all those years. Five of my siblings have been on missions since that time, and a sixth will be leaving the MTC for Zurich, Switzerland in November, so we needed to do it then, or wait for another two years. Aren't we all just soooo good looking?! It's funny to see myself with hair. I'm getting used to being bald.
From the bottom, left to right, we are Rachel (the bride), me, Eva (youngest 14 year old sister), Naomi (just younger than me), Rosalynde (just older than me and the boss of the lot of us),
Christian (senior in high school, giving my parents fits), Christie (my angelic mom), Russell (my saintly father), Brigham (my handsome brother who just qualified for the Boston Marathon today), Abraham (in the MTC now), and Benjamin (recently returned from his mission in Germany). Missing are our two brothers, Jacob (Rachel's twin brother), and Isaac, our baby brother. Someday in the eternities we will get to have a family picture taken with all of us.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That is a really nice family picture. What a big group! How exciting.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful photo, Gabrielle! Most of you have the look (especially in the eyes) of all the Hansens I knew in high school. And like them, you're all beautiful, of course, inside and out would be my guess. Having seen the picture, I am now feeling even guiltier than ever for having not responded to your (angelic) mother's long and moving e-mail. Thanks again for getting us in touch.

Vicki Bozzola