Friday, July 04, 2008

Pictures of my short hair

I had Ben take a couple of pictures of my short hair cut at the hotel a couple days ago. It's not fixed cute or anything, but you get the idea. I am really loving how easy it is to take care of here in the hospital. Basically, I don't have to take care of it at all! Maybe not quite as low-maintenance as being bald, but pretty close.







Here is my sweet niece Mara at my sister's wedding reception last weekend. Mara looks just like pictures of Rosalynde (her mom) at her age. Mara's dad loves photography, too, and has his daughter trained well to sit nicely for photos, and then come running over to see the picture on the LCD screen on the back of the camera, before running back for the next picture. Too cute!




And here's my gorgeous sister Rachel. I hate the wheelchair angle of the pictures I took at the reception (don't worry, I wasn't the wedding photographer), but this one is still gorgeous. Of course, Rachel pretty much can't take a bad picture.
I'm hoping to be able to edit some of the photos the official wedding photographer took, and when/if I do, I'll post some of them here.

8 comments:

Amy F said...

Your hair is beautiful, and so are your pictures, and so is your attitude.

Thank you so much for the quilt you made for Ella. How in the world?? with all you have going on... I am honored that you thought of us. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

Our fast prayers are with you this weekend.

Dad (TMF) said...

As are ours. Uncle Tracy

Rosalynde said...

Love that photo of Mara! And I think your hair looks great. You and Rachel are quite the chic pair now with your stylish haircuts! Love you.

Rena said...

Wow Gabby you look gorgeous!! I love the cut! Your mom did a fine job!!
I love how you are so positive with everything. thanks for being such a great inspiration.
We are praying a fasting for you.
Love ya

Unknown said...

Gabby:

YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!

Remember ... Christ is by your bedside. While those who love you wish you did not have to endure these tough times, His love is the one element powerful enough to ease your burden.
Keep up the great attitude.
We'll keep you in our hearts, fast and prayers.
With all my love,
Margie

Gabrielle said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!
Amy, I had plenty of time last week when I was in Houston by myself for the stem cell collection. I just brought my sewing stuff with me to the hotel room!
Ella is so cute, I hope you are all adjusting well.

Kelly said...

LOVE your short hair, Gabby.

Kelly said...

I just came back to this post to read it on the phone to someone in the ward who doesn't have email and realized I forgot to comment on how lovely Rachel is! What a beautiful bride and your angle was really fun, and matched her refreshing, short hairstyle. So pretty!