Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter celebrations

We went to our friends the Bradfords' house for a little Easter celebration Sunday. I'm happy they invited us, since I had literally nothing planned for my boys. I did buy some eggs and candy the day before, but I didn't even have ANYTHING for Easter dinner. I thought about it on Saturday, but I knew I wouldn't have the energy or leg-strength to cook anything by the time the afternoon rolled around, so why bother, right?

We ended up eating a box of Pasta-roni. And we only had one box so there wasn't enough for everyone. I didn't eat any (don't worry, I had eaten a bunch of chocolate at church) and Ben ate cold-cereal. Pathetic!

But we had a fun time at the Bradfords. They have an enormous backyard with lots of good egg-hiding places. Nikki is a much more conscientious mother than me, and her eggs were all filled with cute things like stickers and teddy-grahams and raisins and pecans and goldfish crackers. Mine were filled with cadbury mini eggs and jelly beans. Plus I brought two boxes of peeps and a bag of reeces peanut butter eggs. I'm afraid I completely sabotaged her efforts to keep Easter from spiraling down into sugar-frenzied madness.

I also brought some hard-boiled eggs to dye, and the kids had fun doing that. Although I'm also afraid we permanently stained Nikki's formica counter-top... Sorry, Nikki!!!!

So it was a pretty fun afternoon after all.



Ooh, pretty eggs.




Mosey dyeing his egg.



Brigham getting his just right.




Joseph with his mouth full of the good stuff after the Easter egg hunt.



I tried to get one good shot of all of my boys together. Well, I didn't get even one good shot. This was the funniest of the bunch, though.

2 comments:

StrykerLOVE said...

yea for nice neighbors - our celebration would have been nil too without the 'go get'em' spirit of my great neighbors. They did ALL the work of the Easter egg hunt. And chocolate is the best kind of dinner anyway.

Kelly said...

We had way too much sugar too. Man, I wish I would have invited you over here. We had plenty of extra ham and potatoes, and Lindsey and Christopher and I were the only ones who hunted for eggs.