Monday, March 10, 2008

Last night in the nursery



I don't think it was technically the *last night,* but it was one of the last nights the boys' spent in their crib before I moved them into their "big boy bed" in the fall of 2003. I wanted them in their regular bed well before Moses was born in January. They were just over 2 years old in this picture.
Joseph and Brigham shared a crib from birth, and got to the point where they would not be able to fall asleep without the other one there. When they got a little older, they would make some trouble. As you can see here, they routinely stripped their crib of all sheets, blankets, and pillows, and unceremoniously dumped them on the floor before finally falling asleep.
I've heard other moms of multiples saying how they have to separate their multiples because one will wake another up, but that wasn't the case with my boys. Well, for their first 18 months or so, they had no choice since their room in our tiny little duplex wouldn't have fit two cribs, plus we were too poor to buy another crib (this one was given to us), so they got pretty used to each other.
Anyway, I used to love to go in their room and see how they had fallen asleep, usually snuggled up against each other one way or another.

1 comment:

liz said...

That is so funny that they could sleep together like that. I love it. I am trying to get Jack into a big boy bed and he will take his naps in a big boy bed but every night I hear him climb back into his crib. I guess I am going to have to take the crib down. I miss you, hope all is well. Liz