Sunday, January 13, 2013

First week done

Of seminary, that is.
I have next week off, during which I plan to prepare lessons for the next week, get my kids on a really good school/practicing schedule, and blog a little more consistently.
This week I simply wasn't getting enough sleep to justify blogging.  I have discovered the only time I really will have for lesson prep is around dinner time, which makes the whole dinner-making process a little complicated.  I did have a menu all planned out this past week, which helped, but still, the actual preparation of the dinner and cleanup afterward took too much time.  Ben has Bishopric meetings often in the evenings as well, or other work, so I can't simply pass off dinner duty to him.  So I'm going to have to do more weekend prep so that the boys can really do all of it on their own.  They are old enough now!  If I don't have to worry about making dinner or cleaning up the kitchen afterward, I think I can make this work.
But the first week was fun!  I learned a lot, had a couple of lessons I thought were pretty good, one that I felt fell a little flat, and got a lot of ideas about what I need to do to improve.  There's definitely going to be a learning curve to this.  But I feel like seminary is really so, so important and has the potential to really be a great influence in the lives of these good kids and I want so much to do it justice.
A couple of mornings my boys woke up early and sat in the schoolroom and listened in on my lesson, which was awesome.  Scripture study taken care of for the day!  And a bonus-- I didn't have to wake them up!
And, just for fun, here is a picture of Brigham with the kitties.  They are so fun!


No comments: