Monday, January 07, 2013

01/07/2013

1.  First day!  First day of seminary (for me) and first day back at school for the new year.  I thought seminary went pretty well.  I wasn't as organized as I could have been, logistically, but we'll work those things out.  I thought the lesson went pretty well.  I taught John 9.  I know the big challenge is going to be making the lessons more interactive with the kids, but overall they seemed fairly alert and participatory, so I can't complain.  Hot chocolate afterwards went over well, and the kids stayed an extra 10 minutes or so, so I'll call it a win.  :-)

2.  First day of school wasn't stellar, but it wasn't a disaster.  It was hard because it was broken up by 2 doctor's appointments.  I finally got my act together and finished getting my immunizations after my transplant.  Two shots in one arm, one in the other.  In the afternoon I had my annual neurology appointment for prescription refills which went just fine.  Dr. Tallman is a great guy.  I did discover, much to my dismay that I've somehow gained five pounds over the past 5 months.  Oops.  This needs to stop now!  Time to start counting calories I guess.  I know 5 pounds isn't a huge deal, but it's already hard enough for me to walk, any extra pounds makes it that much harder.  Also, since I can't exercise, losing weight is really hard, so I need to nip this in the bud.

3.  Mosey got a Rubik's cube knock-off from Grandma Jackee for Christmas, and he has been obsessed with it the last couple of days.  It didn't have the same colors or orientation of colors as a real Rubik's cube, which has made the instructional YouTube videos he's been watching harder to follow.  So, sucker that I am, last night I peeled off all the stickers, and made new stickers with address labels, markers, and clear packing tape and redid his Rubik's cube to match the ones he's been watching on videos.  It took me a ridiculously long time on a night I ought to have been going to bed early.  That's how much I love my boy.  :-)  Anyway, he's been playing with it nonstop since then and quickly becoming a Rubik's cube expert.  It's pretty cute.  :-)

4.  Here are some pictures of the kitties.  They have gotten a lot bigger in just a week.

Luna:

Sola:

Brigham and Sola the Parrot:

Mosey and Luna who's not quite so sure about what's going on...

We can't forget about Sandy!!

And here's who is hanging out next to me as I type.  Cat and Mouse!!  :-)

No comments: