Thursday, January 03, 2013

01/03/2013-- Ben's birthday!

1.  It is Ben's birthday!  38 years old.  We celebrated by eating at Carino's and then going home and watching 24 and eating banana bread and ice cream.  He got a really classy bookshelf from Walmart for his present, since I'm so romantic.  :-)  If it weren't so late, I'd enumerate 38 wonderful things about Ben.  But it is late, and my New Year's resolution is to be in bed before midnight, so a picture of my wonderful husband with our wonderful children will have to suffice.  Excuse the goofiness which is my son Joseph and my son Mosey.

2.  The rest of the day was spent in doing some schoolwork (the boys actually wanted to get started early, so they can take next Thursday off for Mosey's birthday), and finishing my big organization project.  I think we finished!  There are now a line of boxes in the hallway filled with Christmas decorations and other items to be stored in the attic.  The garage is cleaned out and organized, the closets are organized and I can say we are 100% DONE with unpacking.

3.  Speaking of Ben being 38 years old, I found an old poster in one of the boxes we finally finished unpacking-- a box of old pictures and picture frames that we hadn't opened probably since we lived in Utah forever ago.  It is a picture of Ben in his Army ROTC uniform.  He was a poster boy for the BYU honor code back in 1994 when he was a freshman.  Literally a poster boy-- his image appeared on this poster around campus.  He looks so handsome!  Anyway, yesterday I asked Joseph and Mosey if they recognized who it was on the poster.  They hmm'd and haa'd and looked confused.  Mosey said, "He looks kind of familiar."  Joseph said, "I think I know but I don't want to say because I might be wrong."  Finally I told them to look on his name tag and then they got it.  I guess 20 years is a long time, but Ben still looks the same to me!


No comments: