Wednesday, January 23, 2013

01/23/2013

Blogging during seminary weeks is challenging.
I know I will get the hang of this, but I definitely haven't mastered the whole teaching a full homeschool day, take my kids to lessons, prepare meals, do chores, prepare a seminary lesson AND sleep more than 5 hours a night.  It's been more like 4 hours.  But, I know I will get better at this.

So, a quick three things:
1. Yesterday Brigham and Joseph got their herbst appliances put back in.  The first ones they had both broke, and it took a few weeks for the new ones to be made.  When Joseph found out yesterday he had to go to the orthodontist, he started crying.  Poor boys!  I know someday they'll be glad, but it is hard right now.

2.  Tomorrow is the pinewood derby.  We are seriously behind this year.  We got the car cut yesterday, painted tonight, and Ben and I (mostly Ben) just finished wheel-prep a few minutes ago.  I'm so glad this is the 2nd to the last pinewood derby car we have to make!!  There was just a bit of drama tonight as Mosey suddenly decided he didn't want to make a car and didn't want to go to the pinewood derby.  Maybe I should have just gone with that!  But I knew deep down he did want to do it, he had been very excited about it.  Ben finally got it out of him that he didn't like his original design, so together they figured out something different.  I'll take pictures later!

3.  Tonight as I was preparing my seminary lesson, I had a scriptural question.  So I called my mom (as usual), and Christian answered the phone.  So I asked him, and he did a great job of explaining things to me. He is going to be as good a scriptorian as my mom.  I sure love being able to make a phone call and hear his voice!

No comments: