Sunday, January 06, 2013

01/04/2013

1.  We had a pretty good school day , now that all the organizational projects are done!  I got all caught up in the read-aloud stuff we've gotten behind in.  We're starting a unit on Southeast Asia, having finished Russia and Mongolia.  We finished the World Book entry on Russian history, which I found fascinating and Mosey found boring...  I remember the fall of the Soviet Union, and how we had to get a whole new set of maps in AP European History that year-- 1991-1992.

2.  My table and chairs came for seminary.  I got an 8 foot folding table and 8 folding chairs that we can use in addition to our kitchen table and chairs.  I also got a big dry erase board on an easel, and chart paper.  I think I'm ready for 16 teenagers every morning at 5:45 AM!  :-)

3.  We put the table in the playroom.  I'll have the kids move it out to the kitchen for seminary, and then back into the playroom afterward.  It makes a nice work table for the boys.  We got out some puzzles.  Joseph and I started a couple of them.  Brigham commented on how pointless puzzles are, since you already know what they will look like.  And then he slowly got sucked in and ended up working on mine for about an hour.  He used to love puzzles!  I knew he'd remember.  :-)

No comments: