Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12

1.  I meant to mark the moment of 12:12:12 on 12/12/12, but somehow got distracted doing math with Brigham and missed it.  Darn it!  Another 12:12:12 on 12/12/12 will not happen for a hundred years!
Well, anyway, it is still a cool date.

2.  I was too grumpy today, especially tonight after we got home from piano lessons.  I got up at 5:15, and had been going absolutely non-stop since that minute, and after we got home from piano lessons at 5:45, groceries had to be put away, school assignments had to be checked, the kitchen had to be cleaned, dinner had to be started, cello practicing had to be supervised, and I had really just had it.  My poor boys.  My no-yelling resolution was a total failure tonight...  Well, tomorrow is another day.

3.  It is Christmas card season, and we've gotten several so far.  I have yet to even take the pictures for our card, and I'm getting a little nervous.  :-)  I know exactly what we're going to do, but I need a wide-angle lens, so I have to either find one to borrow or go downtown and rent one, which I really won't have time to do till at least Friday or Saturday, which makes the whole Christmas card timeline extremely tight.  Plus, I wanted to cut the boys' hair first, but I think that's just going to have to go by the wayside.

4.  Speaking of Christmas cards, we got one today from a high school friend of Ben's.  We are in touch only via Christmas cards, and it is fun to get her card every year, and watch their family grow.  :-)  Last year their 6th had just been born, and this year they're about to have TWINS in February.  Eight kids!  And I got the biggest pang of envy.  Every once in a while I'll come across someone that has the life I thought I would have, and I'm always taken aback by my emotions.  And then I feel horrible, because I must be so ungrateful to be envious of someone when I know full well how blessed I am.  But still.  I sure would love to have a houseful of kids and be looking forward to a new start with another baby or two.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great blog, have great master, there are many lovely children, a greeting from China, I wish you happiness