Thursday, December 06, 2012

12/05/2012



1.  I slept in really late today to make up for some really late nights recently.  I knew I had to or else I would be sick.  As a result, not much school got done.  In some other universe my children would be self-motivated enough to do schoolwork even when I'm not around to enforce it.  But not this universe.  :-)

2.  I bought tickets to see The Messiah by the Austin Symphony and Chorus Austin.  I'd love to do this every year.  I mistakenly thought it was at the Long Center, so we drove downtown and ate at Sandy's Hamburgers before heading over to the Long Center, which I discovered to be very dark and suspiciously devoid of people or cars.  But my smart phone came to the rescue and I figured out it was actually at the Riverbend Center (should have realized this from the beginning), and was happy that we decided NOT to stay and get frozen custard at Sandy's because it was 25 minutes away from where we were.  As it turned out, all was well.  We got there in time to pick up our tickets and get inside the auditorium just as the lights were flickering to tell everyone to get to their seats.
We borrowed a copy of the score from the boys' piano teacher, and that was awesome!  I highly recommend doing that.  It was fun to follow along in the music, the boys had a visual reference as to how much of the program was left, and it was way easier to understand the lyrics.  
I think the boys had a good time.  Mosey did ask me a couple of times when it was going to be over, but overall, they were very well behaved for a 2 1/2 hour concert.  I made it a little sweeter for them by letting them buy a package of candy from the gas station on our way down.  I have good boys.  Ben couldn't come because he had to work late, and, truth be told, he does not really like the Messiah.  The music, I mean, not the man.  :-)  

3.  We got home after 11:00 (!!!), so tomorrow morning might be another late morning.  Worth it, though.

No comments: