Sunday, December 09, 2012

12/09/2012

1.  Church today.  Brigham gave a talk.  He was asked at the last minute, so I didn't feel too bad about stealing from our cub scout lesson this week and have him talk about Christmas symbols.  After church, Mosey's teacher came up to me and told me that Mosey was "rambunctious" in her class.  Uh-oh.  I talked to him on the way home.  Rambunctiousness at church is not ok!

2.  We finished putting up the lights outside this afternoon.  They look good.  Brigham and Joseph came outside to help.  I asked them to pull up some weeds while they were out there, and Brigham found a long, wiggly earthworm.  He gave it to Joseph who then asked me if I'd pay him a dollar to eat it.  "NO!" I said.  That is so disgusting.  Well, Ben heard the exchange and immediately said, "I'll pay you a dollar to eat the worm!"  Well, Joseph balked, but then Brigham started saying *he* would eat the worm, and after a quick trial of putting the worm in his mouth and then spitting it out again, he actually ate it!!!!  EWWW!!  He swallowed it whole at least.  But then Brigham was annoyed because it was HIS worm in the first place, and he wanted a dollar, too.  So he dug around, found another worm, and he ate his, too.  That is so disgusting.  Boys are so gross, aren't they?  But, they each got a dollar, so I hope it was worth it to them.  :-)

3.  Ben and Joseph made dinner while I finished putting the last decorations on our tree and got our Christmas boxes ready to go back up in the attic.  Brigham started making a cake, one of his favorite Sunday-afternoon activities.  Well, after a slight mishap with the blender, the entire bowl of batter fell to the ground, splattering chocolate cake batter far and wide.  Oh my goodness.  It was definitely one of those situations where you just look at it and think, "Huh.  I wonder what I'm supposed to do now?"  It didn't quite rank up there with the epic mess Brigham and Joseph made with the 18-count carton of eggs when they were 2 years old, and probably not even as high as the entire bottle of maple syrup that Joseph dropped to the ground (where of course it shattered), but it was still a pretty dang big mess.  :-)  But he was a good sport and did a good job cleaning up a big part of it, after which I sent him to take a bath (he got covered, too), while I finished it off.  So, no chocolate cake for dinner tonight.  I made cookies-and-cream pudding instead.

No comments: