Sunday, December 09, 2012

12/08/2012

1.  Busy day!!  I took Joseph to archery this morning, then stopped by Walmart to buy airsoft pellets that Mosey had been nagging me about for days.  I sent Joseph in to get them, but when he got to the checkout place they wouldn't let him buy them because he's under 18.  Seriously, he can't even buy the little pellets?  Oh well.  He ran outside and got me and I went in with him to buy them.

2.  Ben took Mosey to his Tae Kwon Do testing.  I called home on our way to Walmart to give him my last minute bits of advice.  He came home, excited, and he didn't get a phone call today, which means he passed.  Good job, Mosey!

3.  Andrew came over for math tutoring, and then had an airsoft battle with my boys.  He doesn't have an airsoft gun of his own, and really wants one.  Later, Mosey came up to me and asked if it would be OK if he bought Andrew an airsoft gun for Christmas.  What a generous boy!  I told him that was probably something Andrew's parents should decide.

4.  In the afternoon the boys and Ben worked in the yard, and I worked inside, doing dishes, sweeping the hundreds of little tiny cedar elm leaves that get tracked in every time someone comes in from outside, and still somehow managing not to get around to folding the clothes that have been sitting in the laundry room for days and days.

5.  In the evening we got our Christmas tree.  I love it and think it's our best tree yet.  At home, we wanted to watch the original "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," but discovered that no one has an instant-play version for any reasonable price, so we watched the beginning of the Jim Carrey version until the boys got bored/thought it was too weird.  So we finished the evening watching "Elf," and decorating the Christmas tree. 

No comments: