Sunday, December 02, 2012

12/01/12

New month, new commitment to write on my blog.  The last part of November just got away from me.

1.  Joseph had another archery tournament this morning.  He scored higher than his last tournament, which made him happy, and he had an AWESOME second half.  If he had done as well in the first half as he did in the second, he maybe would have won the whole thing.

2.  I tutored one of my friend's boys in math for 45 minutes or so, and then he played with my boys for an hour or so.  This child is not a huge fan of math.  I have a child like that, too!  But he was delightful for me-- that tends to happen when it's not your own kid.  :-)  I introduced him to Times Tales-- the absolute best way for kids to learn their times tales.

3.  We traded family pictures with my friend Krissy's family.  Drove down to Mayfield park only to find it closed for a wedding.  But we found a good spot off the parking lot, so all was well.  The boys did pretty good.  They are old pros at this family picture thing.  Mostly.  :-)  The biggest stress for me is deciding what to wear!  I'm not a stylist.  And I prefer a more traditional look rather than the super bright patterned look that is popular right now.  Or maybe I'm just not confident enough to pull together a look like that. :-)  Anyway, I went to Target last night and bought some sweaters and shirts that coordinated.  Ben wasn't a huge fan of the one I got him, although I thought it looked great on him.

4.  On the way home we got pizza at Little Caesars, then watched 24 while I worked on putting up more Christmas decorations (started a few days ago).  It's fun figuring out where all my decorations will go in this new house!

5.  After, Brigham and I serenaded Ben on our violins to get his advice on what to play for the ward Christmas program.  Brigham is getting really good.  It is so fun to sight-read duets with him.  I asked his teacher on Thursday if he was ready for a 3/4 size violin, and when she checked him on some instruments in the shop, discovered he's just about ready for a full-size violin!  Wow!   Now it's time to pay forward the wonderful instruments my parents bought me while I was growing up, by buying my son one of his own.  He's playing the 1/2 size violin I played growing up.  Maybe he can pass it on to his son or daughter.  :-)  But, he can't have my full-size violin, so we'll be shopping around for one soon.

 6.  Finally, I finally got around to editing the grandparents/grandkids picture I took at our reunion last summer.  Getting 15 children to look halfway normal in one picture is absolutely impossible.  I didn't actually get eye-contact from two of the kids, even in the 10 shots I snapped.  Oh well.  :-) The final product is a conglomeration of several photos.  I love photoshop.

Bottom row left to right: Lincoln (Brigham's), Mosey, Mara and Miles (both Rosalynde's), Elijah (Brigham's), Brigham, and Jack (Rosalynde's).
Top row left to right: Rosalia (Rachel's), Polly (Naomi's), Lucy (Brigham's), Jacob (Rachel's-- being held by my mom), CiCi (Naomi's), Elena (Rosalynde's), Jane (Brigham's-- being held by my dad), and Joseph.
I love all these kids so much!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Ha! I remember how difficult Cici was being that day :). And Polly with her poison ivy face...