Sunday, October 07, 2012

At conference

Sunday afternoon session: we got seats in the plaza section--awesome. There are sooo many people here. It's pretty great. We went to the Saturday morning session, too, and heard the big announcement about Missionaries live. The collective gasp of 20,000 people when the prophet announced that girls can serve at age 19 was really something. It was especially neat being there with my 18 year-old sister as she realized she could go on her mission 2 years earlier than she had thought only moments before. I'm not so sure how I feel about my boys going when they're 18. Yikes, that's only 7 years away for the twins! It have my heart more than a little pang as I watched them there in the conference center in their suits and ties, looking a bit too much like Missionaries already... I'm not ready for that! Ok, president Eyring is talking, I better pay attention.

No comments: