Monday, October 22, 2012

10/21/2012

1.  It was stake conference weekend, which is always a nice little break from the normal church routine.  Elder Nash spoke again and gave a wonderful exposition on the Brother of Jared and how to make our families "tight like unto a dish."  It was a wonderful talk.  Ben and I think he's got to be in the running for apostle one of these years.  Not that there is any "running," but you know what I mean.  :-)

2.  A #10 can of baking soda exploded in our garage.  It was part of a box of food storage items that haven't been put away yet.  You would not BELIEVE the mess it made.  First of all, how does a can of baking soda explode anyway?  The top of it-- plastic lid and all-- completely blew off of the thing, spewin about 3/4 of it's contents all over the garage.  Especially in the around 10 OPENED, partially unpacked boxes still lining one wall.  Oh my gosh.  Everything is covered.  I have no idea how we'll clean it up, or when we'll have time.

3.  Brigham and I went to the Austin Youth Orchestra fall concert in the afternoon.  We heard the top two orchestras, and it was fun for Brigham, I think, to be able to see them perform and anticipate making it into one of those orchestras in a couple of years.

4.  I went to bed at 10:30.  No, really, I did!

No comments: