Thursday, October 04, 2012

10/02/2012

1. Departure day! Why does it take so long to pack for a trip? We got no lessons or practicing done at all. Oh well. We did get laundry done, weeds pulled (I hate morning glory!), house straightened up, and dog delivered to our friends' house in plenty of time to make our afternoon flight.

2. This was the third time a car rental company has failed us with hand controls! We got to the Hertz car rental desk and they had or reservation, had the note for hand controls, but no car. Grr! Ben is really good at expressing displeasure without getting mean, and they gave us a discount, a $100 voucher and a promise to deliver the correct car to Ben's parents' house the next day. So I guess it was ok. But still, what would have happened if I'd been traveling on my own?

3. We made it to Ben's parents' house after 1:00 am. Late night for my boys!

No comments: