Friday, October 19, 2012

10/19/2012


1.  Oh my gosh, I needed this tonight.  Ben came in to see why I was laughing so hard.  :-)



2.  The boys and I left the house this morning around 9:30.  I treated them to breakfast at McDonalds and then went to Trailhead park to work on schoolwork.  A friend is starting a business and is making an infomercial for kickstart.com and used our house for some of it, so we got out of their hair for a while.  What an interesting process!  Anyway, after I so carefully packed our bag with our school stuff, we got to the park only to realize it got left at home.  Oh well.  Brigham had brought some of his stuff, and Joseph's math book was in the car, so lucky Mosey got to play while his brothers did some school work.  Joseph discovered he is NOT a fan of the associative or commutative properties.  Unfortunately there are many places to go in the park where I cannot follow, so his math lesson was cut a little short when he decided he'd rather hide in the bushes than so any more math.  That boy!  But, he got it out of his system and once we were back home he was pretty cooperative with the rest of his schoolwork, and did get his math finished tonight.  Brigham was a superstar and got all his homework and all his practicing done by 3:30.  Yay, Brigham!

3.  Mosey's Halloween costume came today-- the boys have decided to be US Army Rangers.  I am not sewing costumes this year because I think it might actually do me in if I tried, so we turned to trusty old Amazon.com.  We couldn't find a costume that had both Mosey's and the twins' sizes in stock, so Mosey ordered one, and the twins another.  Mosey's came today and he wore it all afternoon and evening.  He looks so cute!

4.  Our across-the-street neighbor, Chuck (the one who brought us treats the other day) came over while I was outside watering plants.  He said to me, "I have a question for you-- I hope it is not out of line."
Curious, I said, "Sure, what did you want to know?"
"Your boys' names are Joseph and Moses and Brigham, right?"  
"That's right," I said.
"I was thinking about that," he said.  "Joseph and Moses are both biblical names, so I was wondering how Brigham fit in.  And then it occurred to me that maybe he is named after Brigham Young."
"He is!" I said. "And his uncle Brigham who shares a birthday with him."
"Well, and Brigham was Moses for the Mormon pioneers coming across the plains, right?  So does that mean that you are LDS?"
(This surprised me-- he apparently knows something about the church if he knows to call us "LDS" rather than "Mormon.")
Anyway, we had a really nice conversation for about 10 minutes after that.  He's talked to the missionaries a few times as they've come tracting through the neighborhood.  Here in Texas, you never know exactly how people will respond to your being a Mormon, but Chuck was thoroughly nice.  I like friendly neighbors!

No comments: