Monday, July 23, 2012

07/23/2012

1.  I went visiting teaching today with my new partner Pamela.  As we parked, I noticed that there were two cars parked in the driveway in front of me, and I thought to myself, "We should park farther off to the side in case someone needs to back out."  But I didn't say anything.  And then, halfway through our visit, sure enough our visiting teachee's husband left for work, then came back 2 minutes later and said, "Well, I've just had a wreck."  He was backing up and sideswiped Pamela's car.  Man oh man, WHY didn't I say anything??  I feel really bad.  I saw that coming and could have prevented it, but didn't do anything.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.

2.  In the afternoon the boys and I went to Highland Lanes to go bowling with the cub scouts.  It's the first time I've taken the boys bowling in probably 2, maybe 3 years.  They had a great time, and I was struck with how much they have grown up.  The last time we went bowling, there were sometimes more tears than pins knocked down.  I guess there are some good things about my boys getting bigger.

3.  Hair cuts all around tonight.  I wonder how much money I've saved our family by doing our own haircuts?  I should take myself on vacation.  :-)

No comments: