Monday, July 23, 2012

07/22/2012

1.  Our very late night last night resulted in a very late morning this morning.  We didn't even make it out of the house until 9:00, when we should have been in our seats at church.  Oh well.

2.  After church I practiced my violin for a while, Ben went to ward council, and then we both took a nap.  The boys went out to the back patio to demolish pieces of wood with a pick-axe.  You know, your typical reverent Sabbath-afternoon kind of activity.  I'm thinking we need another lesson on keeping the Sabbath Day holy.  :-)  Mosey also lit a bunch of matches and melted candle wax on the table.  And there was altogether too much Civilization-playing.  What happened to my no-computer-game-Sunday rule?  I'm thinking Ben and I need to give ourselves another how-to-enforce-good-Sabbath-Day-behavior lesson.  Kind of a parent-fail for the day...

3.  I went ahead and made the rest of the Sabbath Day even better by being even more awesome and driving Joseph and Mosey both to tears in making them finish the practicing they didn't do on Friday afternoon before dinner.  Why do some of these things seem so important and necessary at the moment, and so dumb afterward?  Oh well, I guess I can try again next week.

No comments: