Monday, July 23, 2012

07/21/2012

1.  Archery in the morning.  Joseph's coach really likes him.  There's something really great about someone else recognizing the awesomeness of your child.  :-)

2.  Took Joseph to Walmart with me, and then to Buck's Bike Shop to look at new bikes.  Joseph really wants to buy a new bike, and has been saving up money.  However, the only bikes he can really afford are cheap Walmart bicycles which I'm afraid are not going to last.  So we went to the bike shop and the guy there got a couple of different bikes out for Joseph to try.  They are great bikes, and yes, a lot more expensive.  However, Joseph does have a birthday coming up.  Hmm...  I sat outside watching him ride around-- it was 99 degrees and maybe not the best choice I could have made, as it wiped me out for the rest of the afternoon.

3.  In the afternoon we went down to Zilker Park with our friends Melissa and Scott to see "The Sound of Music."  I was an idiot and didn't ask about handicapped parking, so ended up parking way up away from the stage, making my poor 4-week-post-partum friend wheel me all over creation in 99 degree heat trying to figure out how to get me down to the stage.  Finally we figured out my stupidity, meanwhile taking up all the time we were going to use to go out to eat before the show.  Instead we ended up going to McDonalds, which the kids probably enjoyed more anyway, but I felt bad.  Stupid wheelchair.  As it was, when I parked in the handicapped area, it was easy to get to the stage, and the boys and I really enjoyed the show.  The Daniels made it 1 1/2 hours until intermission, which I thought was really impressive with their crew of four kids under 5, including a one month old.  :-)  I am so glad that my boys like doing things like this.  It's not really Ben's scene-- he was going to meet us for dinner and then go home.  As it was, we spent so long trying to figure out parking, that he ended up just going back home, so he had the evening to himself.  His comment to me on the phone: "I have a hard time understanding why anyone would even want to do this."  :-)  Ben is not a huge broadway musical fan, if you couldn't guess.
We ended up getting home shortly before midnight, which was a VERY late night for the boys.  But one I think they will remember.

No comments: