Tuesday, July 03, 2012

07/01/2012

1.  First day of July.  Officially my least favorite month of the year.  At least for this year and next, and then I'll be free!  I hope.  :-)  It started out pretty good, though, with a big rainstorm in the wee hours of the morning.  I love the sound of rain on the roof at night.  And it stayed nice and cool all day long!

2.  I substituted in Joseph's and Brigham's primary class today.  The lesson was on Alma's talk/lecture to his son Corianton.  A little awkward with 10 year olds, when you don't particularly want to go into WHY Alma was having to talk with his son in the first place.  :-)  But 10 years old is a fun age group.  It was interesting to see my boys interact with their classmates.  In singing time Sister Leininger had the kids draw questions about the USA, which my boys particularly liked, especially having just studied US history this year.  :-)

3.  After church I took a nap outside on the back patio because it was cool!  So nice!  Brigham made muffins for Ben's home teaching families.  Brigham is getting very inventive with his baking.  He likes to mix 2 different flavors of muffin baking mix, and then add in ingredients like cinnamon sugar and blueberry syrup.  Yum.  :-)  Later, Ben and Joseph and I went to 2 open houses for one story homes nearby.  Neither fit the bill.  I'm trying really hard to be unbiased and judge the houses on their merits.  It is hard, though, because I am very attached to our house.  Other houses just don't measure up. 

4.  In the evening the boys all pitched in to help make dinner-- Brigham made another batch of muffins for us, and I showed him how to make a streusel topping.  Our home teacher came by with his family and brought us strawberry/rhubarb crisp, and the boys entertained their two kids with our lizards. 

5.  We ended the day by eating dinner while watching 2 back-to-back episodes of 24.  Fun!

No comments: