Thursday, February 04, 2010

Walkers and rollerblades

These pictures are from a few weeks ago, but I still wanted to share. Joseph and Brigham got a pair of roller blades from Goodwill a while back, and have been practicing in the backyard. It's a little tricky!


Brigham is wearing his horse-riding helmet since his bike helmet was MIA that day.


Yes, this is Joseph rollerblading in his pajamas at about 1:30 PM on a Saturday afternoon. Who needs to get dressed on the weekend?! :-)

Mosey really wanted to try, too, but he just couldn't get up and stay balanced (this was before his birthday when he got his roller skates which are a little easier for him). So I told him to go into the closet and pull out the walker I got at the hospital during one of my bad MS flares.
By the way, I hate walkers. H.A.T.E. walkers, and refuse to use one. Why anyone wants to use a walker over forearm crutches is beyond me... (Plus, walkers can't be doubled as machine guns into which my crutches instantly morph whenever the boys get their hands on them!) ANYWAY, I thought maybe it could be of some use in helping Mosey stay vertical on the rollerblades. It sort of worked! LOL!!

Hmm, it's still pretty tricky, even with the walker.
(wanna know what it feels like to walk with MS? This picture shows it pretty perfectly)


Getting a little better...


Yeah! Look at that! Well done, Mosey!

Think it'll catch on?

1 comment:

Mama said...

Go, Mosey! What a great fun use for a walker -- probably one of the most dreaded devices ever created. Tell Joseph Grandma wants him to wear his helmet :)