Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gross-out



We've been doing a unit on plant life the last several weeks. This week we learned about fungi. So we bought 3 big portobello mushrooms for the boys to "dissect." Joseph got the bright idea to blend his up in the blender. I haven't the slightest idea why. But I'm always game for something weird, so we put two of them into our blender with some water and... voila! Mushroom smoothie!
The boys thought it looked like a chocolate shake (a slightly chunky chocolate shake) and wanted to save it for Ben when he got home from work to see if we could trick him (he wasn't fooled, needless to say). But first we had to take a picture of the three boys enjoying their mushroom smoothie.
Just kidding, they didn't actually drink it! Actually, just before this picture, Mosey accidentally got some of it in his mouth and about gagged. That explains the slightly nauseated look on his face.
I like mushrooms, I really do, and grilled portobello mushrooms are delicious. But there is something just so utterly disgusting about the idea of a mushroom smoothie. I could hardly pass it in the kitchen without feeling ill.
Yuck, double yuck, and triple yuck!!!

1 comment:

Mama said...

It takes a LOT to make me queasy... I am REALLY queasy right now!