Thursday, December 16, 2010

sick

I can't seem to kick this stupid stomach bug.  I got sick on Monday, and I still feel completely rotten.  :-(  I thought I had finally gotten over it last night.  I felt well enough to go with Ben to a work party where I ate the first real food I've had all week (and I didn't eat very much!).  That was a mistake because today I've felt the worst so far.  I had the boys go into HEB for me to get some gatorade so I could at least attempt to re-hydrate.  Unfortunately it's reminding me a little too much of the aftermath of chemo from my bone marrow transplant. 
There is nothing quite like the misery of unremitting nausea.  I guess this is what happens when you have no immunity to anything...
I have to speak in church on Sunday and I'm not sure whether to hope it goes away by then, or hangs around!  :-)  (I'm seriously kidding.  Please give me a Sacrament meeting talk every month if it keeps the stomach bug away...)

2 comments:

Mama said...

Oh, Gabrielle! This is so not fair!! A talk and the stomach flu and Christmas... I hope Santa will be bringing you something very special to reward you for surviving all this. I wish I were there to take care of you -

Rosalynde said...

Are you better? Thinking of you---get well soon!