Tuesday, December 07, 2010

bullet points

Friday:
  • Got a haircut
  • Took the boys to horseback riding.
  • Had a not-so-proud mommy moment when Mosey freaked out about something or other and refused to ride anymore.  He got off the horse, and when Joseph came up to get the helmet from him to take his turn, Mosey THREW the helmet at him, hitting him in the head.  Joseph picked up the helmet and THREW it back at Mosey, hitting him in the head.  The teacher called Joseph out on that, and he turned around and ran around the barn to the car and wouldn't ride at all.  Brigham got an extra-long lesson that day, and I was pretty embarrassed.  I went back to the car and gave Joseph a lecture on being mature and not retaliating.
Saturday:
  • Went to the Temple, left the boys with a babysitter. Actually a "kid-stayer," according to the insistence of the boys.  :-)
  • Took a wrong turn, barely missed our session, but did sealings instead which I loved.  Although, weirdly, kneeling actually takes a bit of leg strength!  Hamstrings and glutes.  I can figure out exactly which muscles do what, by how mine *don't* work...
  • Got home 3 hours late (because of going to lunch and absurd traffic).  Thank goodness for nice, understanding babysitter.  I tried to compensate her accordingly.  :-)
  • Decorated the house for Christmas while listening to The Polar Express (it's our tradition to ring in Christmas by having a Polar Express dance party before decorating).
Sunday:
  • Church.
  • More Christmas decorating.
  • Took pictures for our Christmas card.  The boys are getting so grown up and cooperative with this picture-taking business, it's ridiculous!  They helped lug down my backdrop stand and get things set up in the backyard.  Thanks, guys!
Monday:
  • Back to school again...
  • Happy this Monday went better than last Monday.  Last Monday (I don't think I blogged about this) Joseph had a rotten morning, refusing to do his work.  I called Ben and he came home and got Joseph, bringing him back to his office.  Joseph sat in Ben's office the rest of the day and did nothing but math.  He got a lot of math done, but the punishment backfired a little, because it turns out he really enjoyed hanging out at Dad's office, and asked if he could do the same thing the next day.  :-)
  • We're learning about earthquakes in science, and the boys had a contest to see who could build the most earthquake proof block structure.  Joseph and Mosey decided we should build all structures out of Duplos.  They're totally earthquake-proof!  I remembered how much I hate earthquakes when we watched a bunch of YouTube videos.  I'm very happy living in the seismically-boring state of Texas.
  • Family Home Evening was watching the Christmas Devotional from Salt Lake and drinking peppermint hot chocolate.
Tuesday:
  • School.  I had decently cooperative students today, yay!
  • Scouts.  Joseph and Brigham left for Scouts, which left Mosey and me home by ourselves.  We spent an hour working on his gigantic 6 level K'nex Rollercoaster set which has been sitting on our kitchen table in various stages of construction for the past 6 days.  Someday maybe we'll get our table back, but we're still only on page 16 out of 49 in the instruction book.  Yikes!
  • Spent way, waaaay too long looking through the scanned images posted online from the 4,893 slides we submitted to get scanned and digitized a couple of months ago.  Pictures from 1971 on.  There are so many pictures in there I've never seen before-- I feel like I just relived the first 11 years of my life (I forced myself to stop at 1988).
  • Going to go to bed now.  Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so productive I want to puke. I love the idea of decorating to The Polar Express. My kids LOVE The Polar Express.

Mama said...

Oh, yes - those not-so-proud mommy moments... We've all had them. I remember once the crossing guard told me all the ways my boys misbehaved on their way to and from school. Just what a mother loves to hear :( But it does provide good fodder for family folklore!