Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just a few things

You know you have a great dentist when your son, the only one NOT to have a procedure done says, on the way out of the office, "I wish I had a cavity!"  (Mosey had a cavity filled, Brigham had sealants put on, and the dentist had *just* replenished his generous treasure box.  Joseph was jealous as he left, empty-handed.  No good deed goes unpunished, I suppose.)

The day may not be a great one when it starts out with your six-year-old flinging a bowl of milk (with the remnants of his frosted mini wheat cereal) on the head and face of his brother...  And it wasn't a super-great day, either.  I had some kind of a mild stomach bug and felt queasy and icky all day long.  My fuse was about 2 millimeters long today, as the boys will attest.

The day improves, however, when this same six-year-old son pulls a stool up to the refrigerator and gets out the mayonnaise and turkey breast and muenster cheese and makes you a sandwich "in case you get hungry" as you're laying on the couch actually trying not to think about food, but then not minding it so much with the sweetness and thoughtfulness of it all.

The two big boys had their Christmas recital on Saturday.  They both did great!  I did not video the performance, but I will make them play their pieces one last time here at home so I can record it for posterity.  But first Brigham has to clean up the playroom (where the piano is) which is an incredible disaster right now with approximately 700 blocks and 800 plastic soldiers and 57 stuffed animals and innumerable Schleich castle parts and knights and dragons all over the floor.  And I won't have *that* recorded for posterity!  (Not to mention the fact that I can't even get into the room with my wheelchair...)

I've been playing the Pandora Christmas radio stations over the past couple of weeks.  It is fun to note the boys' mishearings of the lyrics (did you know there's a word for this?  It is "mondegreen" although I have no idea where that comes from).  Brigham asked me tonight about the "tithings of comfort and joy."  There have been several of these-- I need to write them down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You SHOULD record that for posterity. Before and after shots! :) I try not to mind taking pictures of the house a mess, or me a mess, by reminding myself...it's a record of my life. And right now...this chaos IS my life...while it drives me crazy sometimes...I think I'll miss it when it's gone.