Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eclipse pictures

So here are the pictures I took the other night.  It got hard to take good pictures toward the end because it was so dark and my zoom lens is pretty cheap (anyone want to give me a 30-300 mm lens for Christmas?  It's only $2,500...  :-)).  I guess sometimes the moon turns red during an eclipse.  I didn't notice any tint here, but it was still cool.

Eclipse progression, full to just about gone (click to see bigger)
You're supposed to look at this one zig-zag--L-R on the top, R-L in the middle and L-R again on the bottom.
Mosey laying on the front walkway with his blanket and pillow.  Gotta love these balmy Texas nights.  It was probably 65 degrees. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was red in our neck of the woods. But, I didn't stay up for it. I even asked my husband, "Why is it that everyone is excited about the eclipse, and I just want to sleep?"

Staci said...

Wow! Those pictures of the moon are amazing!