Thursday, September 09, 2010

Week of September 6

Things to remember:
  •  Training Mosey and Joseph in sweeping and mopping the floor on Labor Day.  We believe in laboring on Labor Day!  Teaching them to divide the floor into mental rectangles and then being sure not to miss a spot in the rectangle. 
  • The boys going out into the backyard in their swimming suits Tuesday afternoon during one of the biggest downpours we've had in Texas.  They ran around, arms outstretched, and got as soaked as soaked could be.
  • Seven boys running around the house Wednesday afternoon after their art lesson, having a massive sword fight.  I think Natasha, the lone girl, was a little nonplussed.  But when the activity moved to the backyard and the rope swing and the trampoline, she joined in the fray like everyone else.  I love seeing kids play with such reckless abandon.  As long as no one gets hurt.
  •  Brigham's (very rare) temper tantrum when he misunderstood (didn't listen to) his writing assignment.  It was supposed to be a descriptive paragraph about something they could see in the room.  They were to use descriptive, sensory words.  After I told him he needed to redo his first attempt (which was only one sentence!), this is what I got:  "I see a grumpy mother.  She's only had six hours of sleep.  She makes her kids her slaves.  She's very picky, she always blames.  She's very cruel but she gives her kids home school."  Ouch, right?!  Ooh, he was very mad at me.  Later, however, before bed, he came to me and said, "I'm sorry for getting so mad about my grammar paragraph, mom."  He is always so good about apologizing.  I need to be more like him.

1 comment:

Mama said...

It's good to know our "practically perfect" Brigham has his moments too :)