Tuesday, September 28, 2010

flu vaccine

I went to Ben's work yesterday morning to get the annual flu vaccine that they provide for employees and spouses. 
Supposedly the vaccine is made of only killed virus, right?  Then how come yesterday evening, about 6 or 7 hours after I got the shot I came down with body aches and a fever?
I've been dosing myself with Tylenol ever since, but I still feel pretty miserable.
Seems like an awfully big coincidence to get the flu shot, and then come down with flu-like symptoms a few hours later...

3 comments:

Mama said...

So sorry!! Could it be because you are still "re-installing" all your immunities? You need a mother to come and take care of you -- and she's 1000 miles away :(

Naomi said...

Dave told me to tell you that the vaccine probably contains inactivated dying--but not dead--viruses. That's what he's understood, at least, so that might be why you got symptoms. I hope you're feeling better!

Kelly said...

I'm sorry, Gabby! That's so unfortunate. I never get those flu shots.