Saturday, April 11, 2009

Want to be scared?

Then read this:

I just finished listening to it (thank you audible.com), and it kind of freaked me out.
Are you having trouble getting motivated to work on your food storage? You won't have any trouble after reading this book.
As Mormons, we focus a lot on self-sufficiency and preparedness, and we are encouraged to build up at least a 3-month supply of food (even better, a year's supply) and other necessities. Sometimes we are mocked for this focus, but it's not such a kooky idea. I know many people who have used their food storage during times of unemployment or other financial difficulties. And the scenario posed in this book is something that actually could happen right now.
Scary stuff.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I know what you mean - We don't have basements here, so my guest bedroom is stocked full of groceries just in case!

Kelly said...

How scared? Is it a good book? I don't like to be scared. I need more details to decide whether or not to read it.