Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter pictures

Ok, so finally here are my Easter pictures. I know, you have been waiting with baited breath.
Easter morning started out raining and grey and yucky. But miraculously (it seemed) during church, every cloud blew away and by the time we went home it was a perfectly sunny, warm, gorgeous spring day.

I made belgium waffles and strawberry sauce, and Ben cooked some bacon for our Easter lunch.




Then we dyed eggs. It made a big mess. I made the boys take their shirts off for the egg dyeing.



Yes, the selective coloring is cheesy, but isn't he cute?



Joseph had to eat a couple. He only likes the yolk, which works out well because I only like the white. Dipped in salt sprinkled directly on the kitchen table, of course.




Brigham, being an artist, made an elaborate design on his egg in crayon before dyeing it.


He's very serious about his work.

The day before, Joseph had found a green anole lizard outside (it's brown in these pictures because they change from bright green, to brown, to grey, to almost black depending on the background-- they are cool creatures), and got very attached. He kept it for a couple of days, and then let him go on Monday. He's been going on and on about getting a lizard ever since. But he first has to earn enough money for the cage, food, light, and all that stuff. He loves animals. We'll see if he loves animals more than he loves to spend the money that burns holes in his pockets.


Contemplating each other. This lizard was pretty tame, he didn't try to run away at all.


After egg-dyeing, we had our candy egg hunt outside. Ben hid plastic eggs inthe yard, and the boys and I devised a scavenger hunt for Ben inside.
I sat on the back porch and tried to grab some shots as I could. Gone are the days when I ran around, chasing my kids as they searched for eggs, getting those cute shots...

Mosey's still got a tiny bit of that baby belly left. I'll miss it so when he gets a little taller and turns into the lean, wiry boy that his brothers are now.


We're super-classy around here and used Walmart grocery bags instead of Easter baskets.


Joseph opened all of his eggs and dumped them onto the concrete on the back patio. Dirt? Eh, who cares?

Peanut m&m's, Whopper eggs, Hersheys chocolate eggs, and of course my most favorite, Starburst jellybeans. Just in time for our dentist appointments this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Starburst jelly beans are my favorite too! I tend to eat the pink, red, and purple, and leave the rest. :)
The only chocolate eggs I buy are the Cadbury mini eggs...they are decadent...but I haven't gotten any since I was first a diabetic, and now I'm avoiding chocolate for the baby's sake...but I have a bag stashed away for later. :)