Thursday, April 30, 2009

I passed!

I had my DPS driving test today for hand controls.
I got 100% (yes, yes, I am so awesome), and am now certified.
The only downside was that I had to take a new Drivers License picture. Since I only got my TX license a year and a half ago, I assumed they would just use the same picture. Not so. So I am wearing NO makeup, my hair is not fixed cute, and I have a tired-up-4-times-during-the-night baggy eyes (I was nervous or something, I kept having anxiety dreams about being late), so that's a bummer.
Actually, it's probably a really good thing for my vanity.
I'm getting the hand controls installed in my van tomorrow, and I am SO EXCITED!!! Finally I'll be able to drive without fear again!

3 comments:

Mama said...

HURRAY!!! I am so happy for you! And for myself, now that I don't have to worry quite so much :) I too have the UGLIEST drivers license picture -- it's so bad I hide it behind my old one and only get it out if anyone notices that the old one has expired (very few people ever look that closely, by the way). It's so bad I will NEVER show it to anyone whose opinion of me I care about. And now you're all curious and will want to see it next time I'm with you, but I will NEVER show it to you! But you're right -- it's a very good vanity antidote :) I love you!! Mama

Anonymous said...

I can top that, Christie! I have been involved in the Kairos Prison Ministry at the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women. We must show driver's licenses every time we enter or exit. Well, one time I showed mine to the guard (who sees hundreds per day, by the way) . . . and he burst out laughing!

Now that's a BAD picture!

Vicki Bozzola

Rena said...

congratulations. That will make your life so much easier!