Sunday, April 22, 2007

April 22, 2007

Hello Everyone,
And...
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear
Jane, Kate, and Zach,
Happy Birthday to you!!

Whenever Earth day comes around, I think about Jill's triplets. This is a special birthday for them-- three kids turning three!! I hope you had a great day.

Our weekend was pretty good. On Friday afternoon I took the boys on some errands after school (Walmart, bank, etc.), and as we were driving around, I spotted this cool field in a vacant lot between a tire store and a bank. The light was so pretty out there, even though the sun was pretty high, that I just had to stop and get some pictures. Mosey was the most cooperative, Joseph was only a teensy bit cooperative, and Brigham didnt' want to get out of the car... Oh well, I take what I can get. I was very allergic to something out there, though, because my eyes swelled almost shut on the way home!
Ben took the boys camping on Friday night-- it was the ward's father-son campout. Mosey has been battling a fever off and on the last couple of days, and just before they were about to leave, he got pretty hot again. But he really wanted to go camping, so I forced some ibuprofen down him (Mosey HATES medicine), and he actually did just fine. They came back Saturday mid-morning very dirty and tired! I did a big fat nothing on Friday night, and it was wonderful. I watched a little TV, read a while, took a long bubble bath, and then went to sleep.
Saturday Brigham had a birthday party in the afternoon, and I was pretty proud of the present we got. I just hate the cheap toys and stuff that kids mostly give and receive at birthday parties. I try (not always successfully) to be a little different. So this party was for a little girl and after I convinced Brigham that she probably didn't want a Scooby Doo fishing pole, I came up with the bright idea of a summer theme. So we picked out a cute polka-dot mesh beach-bag, a green and white striped beach towel, some sun glasses (again, had to convince Brigham she probably didn't want Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles glasses), a tube of sunscreen, and an adorable denim sunhat. Was that a good present? I thought so anyway.
After Brigham's party we went to the Bradfords for dinner. It was beautiful that afternoon with the temperature hovering just between warm and cool, and the sun setting behind the house. The boys had fun running around and swinging and climbing trees and playing catch. And, best of all, they fell asleep on the way home!
Today was church, and I was *supposed* to get to church early so I could help the young women practice their songs before Sacrament meeting. But it is just almost impossible to get out of this house on time before church. I even left separately so that I could get there early, but still in between getting my stuff together, getting the boys clothes out, finding lost shoes, etc., etc., I was there only like 7 minutes before 9:00 and we could only go through one of our songs, and the easiest one at that. Oh well. And we only had 10 copies of the music, and as luck would have it, practically ALL (if not all) the young women showed up, so we were all sharing copies like 1 to 4 people. I could barely, barely see the music from where I was. But I think it was probably just fine. I just have a hard time not excoriating myself for not getting there on time, not figuring out how to order more copies of the music, not having the girls just a bit more prepared. But really, I do think it was just fine. I made banana crumb muffins and cranberry apple muffins the night before to give to the girls during Young Women, but right after Sacrament Meeting, Joseph said he wasn't feeling good, and sure enough, he had a fever, and then Brigham started saying he was hungry and we realized that Ben and I both thought the other had fed the boys, and so they hadn't eaten anything! So I just left the muffins with another sister and took the boys home. Sort of a bust for church, I guess.
Anyway, I'm feeling sort of blah today and I'm glad tomorrow is the start to a new week. I'm going to get this house clean and get some energy back!

I'll leave you with a few pictures from the field on Friday.


Joseph let me take quite a few pictures of him, but about 95% of them were him making silly faces...



Spring is here. You can click on the picture to see it larger. Dark blue isn't the ideal color for a springtime photoshoot outside, but this was spur-of-the-moment!



Mosey hiding in the grass.



Running through the grass.



My beautiful boy.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

The Sacrement program and music by the Young Women was so lovely. You did a great job with them.