Monday, February 19, 2007

May 13, 2006

Hello Everyone,
I'm so happy tonight, I just have to share. Ben and the boys put together such a nice surprise for me. The whole day was really nice. I went to take a nap in the early afternoon and while I was sleeping Ben took care of the boys, got his lesson ready for tomorrow, got the boys bathed and dressed up, went to the store and bought flowers and a fruit basket for me, and then came back around 5:30 and rang the doorbell. I woke up and went downstairs to open the door and there were my 3 handsome boys, all dressed up in shirts and ties bearing flowers and fruit. Ben then came in and told me to get ready because we were going out to eat. He went upstairs to get dressed real quick and I put the flowers in vases (that the boys made for me at preschool for Mothers' Day) and took some pictures of the boys in their finery. Then I got dressed real quick and off we went to a wonderful dinner at Johnny Carrinos. We had bread and mozzarella sticks and caesar salad and garlic potato soup and cheese tortolloni and chicken something or other (pasta dish with medallions of chicken in a lemon butter garlic sauce), and I had a blackberry italian cream soda. It was really delicious and the boys were perfect angels. The restaurant was a little busy (imagine that) so we had to wait a bit for our food during which we played tic tac toe with Brigham and Joseph on their kids' menus, and Ben told stories. On the way home we drove through downtown Ft. Lauderdale and Brigham and Joseph fell asleep. Then I got to come home and work on photos for a couple of hours, and here I am! What a perfect night.
Ben also told me I have a couple of surprises heading my way tomorrow or the next day, so I can't wait.
Anyway, Ben, you did GREAT!!! And it isn't even Mother's Day yet!! I definitely feel happy to be a mother tonight.

Last night was a very good night as well. I did manage to get the house fairly well put back together yesterday, and then last night we took the boys to the Curtises and then the adults went to see United 93. It was a very good and powerful movie and I cried nearly the entire way through it. I highly recommend it to everyone over the age of 14. It was hard to watch, but very much worth it.

This morning the Scouts had a car wash at the church so I got up and de-junked the van (something that was done only 2 weeks ago but still took me a good 30 minutes to do again today), and the boys and I went up to the church. The Scouts did a very good job, for $10. The inside still needs a bit of work (not much though), but the outside looks great. Now watch, it will rain tomorrow.

Well, I'm pretty tired and don't want to ruin my Mother's Day by being too sleepy, so I think I will close. I will attach the pictures I took of my 3 little guys tonight, on my brand-new studio platform with the brand-new lights.














No comments: