Monday, February 19, 2007







April 12, 2006






Hey everyone,
Pretty good day today, although I'm up too late.
The boys were very well behaved! My goal was to get the upstairs cleaned up and catch up on laundry. The upstairs is clean, and I only have 1 more load of laundry, so pretty good, huh?
I told the boys if they were very good and helped me clean up the upstairs I would take them on an outing in the afternoon. They were and they did, so I gave them a few choices for outings and they decided on the Everglades. But first we had lunch. It wasn't a very exciting lunch, just turkey and cheese sandwiches and orange sections, but about halfway through Brigham said to me, "Now that is what I call lunch!" I was surprised and asked him to repeat himself. He was embarassed but repeated, "Now that is what I call lunch!" I laughed and laughed. Where did he get that from? But hey, it made me feel pretty good.
We drove down Griffin a few miles, past highway 27, into the Everglades. I thought about going down to Shark Valley but that would have been a pretty long drive, and this place is only like 20 minutes away. There is a place there where you can take airboat rides and see an alligator show and stuff, but we didn't do any of that (too expensive). Instead we went on a little hike down a dirt road along one of the deeper waterways, and examined sawgrass, dragonflies, and looked for alligators (didn't see any). After a while we went back to where we had parked, near a boat-launching area. There were some teenage boys fishing on the floating dock and the boys thought it was interesting to watch them and watch the boats coming and going. Every once in a while an airboat would come by and spray water at us. Brigham and Joseph tried to catch minnows along the shore, and found a whole bunch of really cool water snails. I picked some cattails for them and they spent several minutes stripping the "fur" from the long sticks and then floating them down the river. After a while we went on the dock and looked for fish, but couldn't see many because the water was pretty murky. We did see a cut off fish head in the shallow part right by the shore, which the boys were totally fascinated by. They really wanted to go in and get it but I told them NO WAY!! I'm telling you, I have such boys! Oh, and the other really funny thing for them was finding some dried up animal dung (not sure what species-- maybe alligator? j/k), and daring each other to step on it. So funny!! (for them anyway). Oh, the other really "boy" thing they did recently was yesterday. They found a dessicated lizard behind the couch (lizards get in our house all the time and don't always make it out alive). They passed it around and examined it and looked at it and talked about it for a good 20 minutes. The Mosey carried it around the house for about an hour after that. Gross, huh? But we did have a good discussion about resurrection and getting our bodies back and if bad guys get resurrected, so I guess that was good. I'm going to have to try and get some pictures of them doing these gross things and then make a scrapbook page for their scrapbooks entitled, "Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of." It is true!
This evening I made dinner and went to my exercise class, came back and worked on laundry and a couple of other projects, and now it is way past time to get to bed.

No comments: